Monday, April 7, 2014

Use Placemats for a Country Apple Kitchen Look

One of my favorite styles for kitchen decorating is a country apple look. Sure, you can use plenty of decorating on the walls and counters, but taking advantage of the table and the table linens make a good decor addition.

Kitchen table centerpieces and placemats are great way to carry your country apple theme across the room. Even if your eating table isn't right in the midst of the kitchen, it still works to continue your theme.

Table Linens for Decorating


I use plenty of table linens in my house. I'm lucky in that I have both a table in my kitchen as well as a dining room with a table there. So I can work with both tables to create my country apple look. I leave country apple placemats on my kitchen table all day. The family uses them for meals, but then the placemats continue to be part of my decorating.

In my dining room, I work with the centerpiece as my decorating on the table. The country apple look works very well with my antique oak table. And, yes, I set a placemat in the center then add my items to create the centerpiece.

Create Your Kitchen Theme


Actually, using a placemat in your theme works great to kick off the centerpiece. It can be a solid color that picks up your accent color in the rest of your kitchen decor. It can also be a matching one to your country apple placemats on the table. Either way, you have a great way to continue your kitchen decorating theme.

For easy home decorating, it's the accessories that can create your theme. So choose your decor style and your accessories, then get off and running with your own kitchen decor theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment