Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Handy Knife Sets in a Wood Block

When preparing food for meals or snacks, life is so much easier when I have the tools that I need handy. That is especially true for me with my knives. Which probably explains why I like to have a good butcher block knife set in my kitchen.

This isn't anything tricky, it's just a matter of having my kitchen tools handy. I'll give you an example of why I prefer that.

I was helping my daughter prepare for a Father's Day party. She had lots of great food planned out. It was a matter of putting together all the ingredients and some cooking. Yes, the food spread she had was great, but the prep time was longer and more hectic than necessary.

Both of us spent useless time searching for the right kitchen tools. She kept all her sharp knives in one drawer, which did help. But none of them were organized. So, don't you know what I got for her after this party prep experience? A butcher block knife set.

Now, I have some criteria for a good knife set in a block. First, the knives need to be good ones. Good ones making the job of slicing and chopping so much easier. Then the block itself must be not only nice looking, but also easy to clean. My butcher block knife set sits out on the counter. I want it to look good and clean up easily.

Again, this isn't anything tricky. It's just a matter of making the kitchen chores for food preparation easier. Having the right kitchen tools and having them handy is all this is. I certainly don't want to dig through a knife drawer to find the knife for the job. Been there, done that. And paid for it with little cuts on my fingers.

My butcher block knife set is ideal to quickly find the perfect knife for the job. Anybody who helps out in my kitchen has the same ease when they need a knife. Simple, yet ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment