Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Vignettes for Decorating Style in a Fat Chef Kitchen

What do you do with odd little out of the way places in your fat chef kitchen decor? You create simple vignettes is what you do. And there are great and easy ways to do this.

First, let's look at what makes up a vignette. This term is one of those that interior design professionals like to use. It just means a small grouping of decor items. Making use of an odd number, especially 3, is ideal. You want to have a focal point for your vignette with several other complementary items around it.

For example, I have a counter corner in my kitchen. It's tucked away and not very easily reached. So I can't do something like put a small appliance there. Since it's open, I don't want to use it for storage space either. A vignette is the perfect solution.

I have 2 great fat chef cookie jars. One is much taller and fatter than the other. So the taller one becomes my focal point. I set the other one next to it and added a solid colored red mug to complete the effect. Now, my otherwise useless space is part of my decorating. It also works great to display 2 pieces from my fat chef collection.

You aren't limited to just counter space. Make use of a section of your kitchen wall for a vignette as well. An open shelf in your kitchen can work, too. Maybe it's the top of the refrigerator that you want to redo into a fat chef vignette. Just about any space can be turned into part of your decor scheme. See, I told you it was easy.

There's even more ways to create display space in your kitchen. Take a look and see if there isn't lots of space in your kitchen for fat chef vignettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment