Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rice Steamers for Easy Grain Cooking

Do you love rice and the other grains like quinoa and barley, even millet, as much as I do? Then you need an easy way to cook them. And have them come out right every time.

I was terrible at cooking rice and grains. Therefore I only bought the prepackaged, microwave or instant stuff. And rice was the only option going that way. The other grains weren't available in instants.

But, it was my sister who convinced me to get a rice steamer. Yes, I went kicking and screaming. Did I really need another small kitchen appliance? In this case, definitely. A rice steamer was an electrical gift from the heavens. At least as far as my grain cooking.

The best part is that you just set the timer, turn the thing on and forget it. When the rest of your dinner is ready, the rice or grain is too. And so perfect. I couldn't believe it.

My rice steamer turned out to pay for itself very quickly, too. I no longer bought those expensive instant rices. I started spending less on the food by getting the dried rice and grains. I could cook them easily and eat healthier. Yep, really. All of that from one small kitchen appliance - a rice steamer!

No comments:

Post a Comment