Monday, December 2, 2013

The Total Cost Factor for Small Kitchen Appliances

Alright, raise your hand if you like to waste money. Sure, I see no hands raised. Mine isn't either. But, I don't consider buying the right small kitchen appliances as a waste of money. Not when I make informed choices.

I'll grant you, I can spend lots of money on those nifty little devices that make cooking and food prep easier. But I can also save lots of money by using them. A nice way to offset the cost of buying them.

Let me give you an example. I discovered early on in my cooking years that I have a great ability to burn regular rice. I also discovered that my tries at making rice were getting expensive. Not only the cost of the rice itself, but also replacing the pans that got burned. So I skipped making traditional rice. Instead I avoided serving rice to my family or bought those expensive instant versions.

When I decided to try to eat much healthier, that meant more rice, and other grains, in my diet. Enter a rice steamer. I chose one that had the kinds of automatic settings for perfect rice every time. It wasn't cheap, but I saved much in the cost of the rice and other grains I cook in it.

Offset the cost of the rice, and the steamer itself is not very expensive. Plus, my whole family eats healthier. Less medical costs in the long run, too! I'm happier to cook, rather than eating out. Another way to offset the cost. My rice steamer is getting cheaper by the minute.

So take into consideration all the factors that will go into the cost of your small kitchen appliances. You may find they actually save you lots of money in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment